thaliasbooks

Megan Bostic
Progress: 200/200 pages

Twigs

Twigs - Alison Ashley Formento

When I first started this book, I felt a little…confused. Like I was starting the story in the middle and didn’t really get an introduction to Twigs or her life and where she was now. That feeling pervaded the entire book and stuck with me, even when I reached the end. And because the book is less than three hundred pages, it felt more like a “glimpse” of Twigs’ life than her whole story (albeit a very dramatic glimpse).

When it comes down to it, I just wasn’t a huge fan of the characters and I couldn’t follow the story very well. There were instances where I put the book down to shake my head and would actually mutter, “Did that just happen?” when something rather…uh, weird occurred. I didn’t hate this book by any means, and there were a couple redeeming moments and characters that made it better, but overall, this wasn’t one of my favorites.

An ARC of this book was provided to me by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Read more?