thaliasbooks

Megan Bostic
Progress: 200/200 pages

68 of 391 (17%)

Hush, Hush  - Becca Fitzpatrick

1) The teacher should probably take complaints of being uncomfortable and feeling threatened by students more seriously. What an irresponsible idiot.

2) I DO NOT CARE what kind of car you have. I DO NOT CARE what kind of car Vee has. I DO NOT CARE ABOUT HOW COOL YOU THINK YOU MIGHT OR MIGHT NOT BE.

I was going to tell Vee the truth about what happened. Soon. I just needed a little time to sort out the details. The problem was, I didn't see how I could. The only details left were spotty, at best. It was as if an eraser had scrubbed my memory blank. Thinking back, I remembered the heavy rain cascading down the Neon's windows, causing everything outside the blur. Had I in fact hit a deer?

I am so sick of characters convincing themselves that nothing weird is going on. No, you don't mistake a man in a ski mask shattering a window and grabbing your neck because it was raining outside. You didn't imagine that crap. Why isn't anyone in YA books at all logical? Frigging tell someone. For once.

I wanted my life to go back to the way it was before Patch barged into my life.

I am also sick of repeating thoughts like this.

The good news is that I expected it to be a lot worse. It's not good, but it's not unbearable--at least, not yet. And the writing isn't as bad as it could be (certainly not as bad as something like Halo). So...I guess I'm looking on the bright side.