thaliasbooks

Megan Bostic
Progress: 200/200 pages

Finished!

The Fault in Our Stars - John Green

I finished this book the day before yesterday. I'll be honest--it was kind of exactly what I expected it to be, and since I knew the ending, I didn't even feel an inkling to cry (except for a few parts about Hazel in the beginning, especially when she talked with her parents). And Augustus Waters...he seemed too fake to be real. Too cliche. Too rehearsed.

I think Hazel made the same note to herself in the novel, but unlike Hazel, the feeling never really went away for me. And I couldn't get over the fact that it was about three weeks into their even knowing each other that they fell in love. If a guy I knew for about a week/week and a half decided to take me to Amsterdam, there's pretty much no way I would go, or my parents would let me go. And maybe it's part of having terminal cancer, but I also wouldn't sleep with a guy I'd only known three or four weeks. So this part is a hurdle I really couldn't get over.

However, it was written well, and I really did like Hazel's narration. The book was definitely good, there's no denying that. So I think four stars is going to be what I stick with. I'm glad I finally read it! I've already seen the movie twice, hahah, since I went with different people who wanted to see it.