thaliasbooks

Megan Bostic
Progress: 200/200 pages

128 of 302 (42%)

How My Summer Went Up in Flames - Jennifer Salvato Doktorski

This was a freebie from the author--she was kind enough to give me a copy in addition to a copy to have in a giveaway I hosted! (Thanks Jennifer!)

The present tense is bothering me a little more than usual, though I can't really pinpoint why. Otherwise, I really like how the road trip is being set up, even if it is a little unrealistic. I like the characters (at least, Matty, Spencer, and Logan are enjoyable--I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about Rosie) and the pace is good. On the whole, it feels pretty average.

However, the gang has just pulled up to Avery (Logan's girlfriend's[?]) house, and it's description is eerily similar to that of Roger's ex-girlfriend's house in Amy and Roger's Epic Detour. Complete with long drive, circular driveway with a fountain in the center, and a gigantic mansion that screams "rich people live here!". So...we'll see how that goes.