thaliasbooks

Megan Bostic
Progress: 200/200 pages

Finished!

The Sound and the Fury - William Faulkner

Okay, it wasn't awful. In all honesty, this could probably become one of my favorite books if I read it enough times. The thing is, Benjy's and Quentin's narrations really grew on me, and I missed the coded/disintegrated writing style once I got to the last half of the novel. I mean, it made my homework assignments much easier because I could read quickly, but the more I thought about Quentin's section, the more I loved it. I could feel his mind disintegrating and falling apart because it was reflected in the writing, and it was absolutely amazing.

I wasn't a huge fan of the last half of the novel, though, which is a shame. It seems like the book got more and more normal the longer it went on, and they didn't really connect well for me. I recommend it if you having a reading guide handy, like I did, and don't go in completely blind. Still, I'm willing to give Faulkner another try with something else!