thaliasbooks

Progress: 200/200 pages

13 of 313 (4%)

The Children of Húrin - J.R.R. Tolkien, J.R.R. Tolkien

Hello!!

So I've been gone for a long time, I know, but I am back for a little bit. I'm going to be playing catch up for sure once I graduate college (in October!!!), but until then, I have a senior paper to think about, and a killer thesis to find.

I want desperately to write about Tolkien, so I have been reading a lot of Tolkien. However, on the recommendation of a friend, I am taking a break in my reread of the trilogy (just finished Two Towers) to read The Children of Hurin because he thinks it'll have more connections to classic tragedy that I can follow to form a solid thesis.

This is the first time in awhile that I've read new Tolkien because 1) I don't have a lot of time to read outside of class, and 2) when I do read Tolkien, I go back to what I know, but I am incredibly excited right now.

In order to keep more detailed notes on my thoughts, you might see a lot of updates from me as I read this book, which will be a huge difference from the gap of silence there has been from me for the last two years, hahah. But here we go!