thaliasbooks

Megan Bostic
Progress: 200/200 pages

PS I Love You

P.S. I Love You - Cecelia Ahern

I saw the movie, courtesy of my sister-in-law, several months ago. I liked it well enough, although I wouldn’t have called it a masterpiece. So, naturally, I expected the book to be better. However, I had absolutely no idea that the book and film were similar only in name and basic plot—the rest was completely different. And…not necessarily for the better.I don’t know what it is about “adult” books, but I just don’t usually enjoy them. I think it was John Green who said that adults are just so boring and are therefore pretty boring to write about. Holly had a sad story and I was ready to be roped into it, but…I wasn’t sold all the way. The writing was just a bit flat and rather emotionless and the characters didn’t thrill me. I did, however, enjoy certain parts of the story and I didn’t “hate” any of the book—so, it never quite qualified for a one-star rating. Unfortunately, this is probably one of those reviews where there’s just not much to say, on either side.

Read more?