thaliasbooks

Never Eighteen
Megan Bostic
Progress: 200/200 pages

Day O1: Best Book You Read Last Year

What's Left of Me - Kat Zhang Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher Pushing the Limits - Katie McGarry Demonglass  - Rachel Hawkins Clockwork Prince (Infernal Devices) - Cassandra Clare City of Lost Souls - Cassandra Clare

Hah! Just one? Well, at the end of 2012, I made a top ten "Best Books of 2012" list--and the best book was tied six different ways.

So here they are, in reverse alphabetical order!

What's Left of Me: Holy crap. I was enthralled by the narration and I'm pretty sure I cried with joy when I ended up winning a signed hardcover in a contest Kat Zhang had. This is one of the best dystopian novels I've ever read, and the narration was just perfect.

Thirteen Reasons Why: This book gets a lot of mixed reviews, but I loved it. I read it in May 2012, just two short months after losing a dear friend to suicide. Clay's narration spoke to me, because I, too, was someone who was a friend at a distance and didn't really feel like I should have been hurting as badly as I was, considering I wasn't even a close friend. This book was so incredibly painful for me to read, but it also did me a lot of good--it helped me deal with my own emotions and it I finally felt like it was okay to miss her even though we were casual friends.

Pushing the Limits: I didn't even expect to like this one. But I was just captured by the story, especially Noah's with what he has to do to take care of his brothers, and I will freely admit that I was shipping it hardcore, the whole way through. I'm still dying to read Dare You To, and I'm really, really upset that I don't own this book yet. :(

Demonglass: Cal. Cal. Cal. Uh, I think that explains my feelings enough, right? Seriously, though. Cal is my hero. I adore him. And honestly, I loved this book because of him. In fact, I'm not sure how much I would have liked this series at all without him. Ow, ow--I'm having a lot of Cal feels now. :(

Clockwork Prince: I CAN'T AEJKRHVNYSUKRNYS5VUT. Will. Will confessing his love to Tessa. A Tale of Two Cities parallels. Jem being an idiot. Tessa being a bigger idiot. "Tess, Tess, Tessa~" GAH, STOP THE FEELS OKAY.

City of Lost Souls: I know this post started off coherent and legit, but now I'm just in a puddle of feels and all I can say about this is Phantom of the Opera complex.