thaliasbooks

Progress: 200/200 pages
spoilers!

Finished!

The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies, Book 2) - Pittacus Lore

Well, the pacing picked up during the climax, although it all felt a little rushed. Plus, the emotionless narration (thanks mostly to the present tense) made the character deaths that did happen seem unimportant and irrelevant--which was kind of sad, considering I actually liked one of the characters that died.

PS, YOU CANNOT USE COMMAS AS ELLIPSES, IT JUST DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY, OK.

Also, I'm pretty sure the duel narration was a cop out, so the two guys who make up "Pittacus Lore" didn't actually have to try to mesh their writing together into a cohesive story. Lame.

I'm confused as to why this is called The Power of Six?

(spoilers below)

There's Four and Six, who are our main characters. Plus Seven, who had the other narration. Seven found Ten (now there's a tenth one?!?!?!?! acckkkkk whyyyyyy), and Four found Nine.

Four, Six, Seven, Nine, Ten...do we not care about Five and Eight? And how are the titles continuing the "nine" theme now that there's ten members of the Garde?! Lore dug himself/theirself into a hole with this one. And I still don't know why this is called The Power of Six when there are only five of them. Unless we're counting Sam--and I don't count Sam.

Also, Nine was only in it for like, the last chapter. I also don't count that. (Although I'll admit Nine is kind of cool.)