thaliasbooks

Never Eighteen
Megan Bostic
Progress: 200/200 pages

Day O5: A Book That Makes You Happy

All the Truth That's in Me - Julie Berry Beauty and the Bully - Andy Behrens I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You  - Ally Carter Warm Bodies: A Novel - Isaac Marion

How the heck am I supposed to pick one book that makes me happy?! Ugh. I just went with lighter books that made me happy--nothing here that I loved because it ripped my heart out or anything like that. Just light, fluffy fluffiness.

(In a lovely alphabetical order.)

All the Truth That's in Me: Okay, this book did kind of rip my heart out. But I mean, come on! Judith and Lucas, I just asdjkrhskcuerhysvjry. This is the best book I've read all year long, so how can I not put it on this list? The writing was drop-dead gorgeous, the characters were beautiful and flawless and did you see that ending? This book made me far happier than something so dark should have been able to do.

Beauty and the Bully: I only bought this book because the guy on the front (holding the guitar) looks like Sid Yi from "Three Delivery"--and I'm kind of obsessed with ThreeD. (And Sid plays guitar--how in the world could I resist?) But this book turned into an inside joke with my best friend and me and we quote it all the time, and the jokes are so dorky but so ridiculously funny, and every time I read it, I just remember how happy it makes me all over again.

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You: This is more a reflection of the entire series, but honestly? How can you read this and not be happy? I absolutely love Cammie's narration and the whole series is laugh-out-loud funny.

Warm Bodies: I loved this book mostly for its humor. I would laugh and have odd moments where I just sat, fantasizing about the gorgeous writing, and it might be a zombie version of Romeo and Juliet, but I don't even care.