thaliasbooks

Never Eighteen
Megan Bostic
Progress: 200/200 pages

Day 24: A Book You Wish More People Would Read

All the Truth That's in Me - Julie Berry The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho The Lord of the Rings - J.R.R. Tolkien

These are some of my favorite books, that I think are rather under-appreciated or unknown. But I definitely wish more people would read them.

All the Truth That's in Me: I know I shouldn't get too antsy about this one, because it just barely came out, but the writing and story were just so strikingly beautiful that I really would give everyone on earth a copy if I could. I'd just shove at them and tell them to go sit until they finish. I really, really hope Berry gets the recognition she deserves with this book.

The Alchemist: I know it's kind of a weird storytelling format, but I really loved this book. This is the only book I've ever reviewed where I absolutely couldn't find anything bad to say about it at all. It's the closest to flawless a book has ever come for me, and I think the themes and lessons are inspiring and important.

Lord of the Rings: Okay, this isn't unknown. I've loved this trilogy forever, even back when the movies had just come out and I hadn't read the books yet. So many people refuse to enter the Lord of the Rings universe, just because it might be "nerdy". An old friend of mine actually refused to watch the movies with me, ever, because she was proud of the fact that she hadn't seen them since they were "really nerdy". (Newsflash: when other people finally convinced her to watch them, she loved them.) Tolkien is just such a genius, so brilliant, and I can't believe people would just throw him and his world aside just because it might be "nerdy". He's brilliant. He's...GAH, he created a masterpiece of a universe, and I just really, really hope more people will be willing to open up to his work, despite how they think it will be.