thaliasbooks

Progress: 264/309 pages
Never Eighteen
Megan Bostic
Progress: 200/200 pages

Among the Nameless Stars (Review)

Among the Nameless Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #0.5) - Diana Peterfreund

As this is a prequel and is quite short, I’ll be foregoing the usual “What I Liked/What I Didn’t Like” sections of my review, and just leave it plain and simple.

As far as prequels or novellas go, this wasn’t bad. Kai was an enjoyable character to get to know, and although I had to spend quite some time trying to decide what genre/setting this was all in, I liked the world building. The letters written to Elliot, the girl Kai loves, added more humanity to his character that I think might not have been there otherwise. However, the writing wasn’t exactly perfect and there were a few uncorrected grammatical errors that kept me from really falling in love with it, or wanting to read much more from Peterfreund right away. I’m not dying to read For the Darkness Shows the Stars, but I’m keeping it on my to-read list for whenever I might get to it. Fairly average all around.

(http://thaliasbooks.tumblr.com/post/69424911826/among-the-nameless-stars-review)