thaliasbooks

Megan Bostic
Progress: 200/200 pages

49%

Arousing Love, a teen novel - M. H. Strom

BEAR WITH ME FOR A MOMENT, OKAY.

We passed a group of bikini clad girls, and after we'd walked a little farther Joanna released my hand. "Why did you look at those girls?"

"What girls?"

"I saw you looking at them."

"I only glanced at them. It was nothing."

"Why do you look at them when you've already got somebody? It's like you're looking for someone better than me"

"No, I'm not, it's just an instinct. We see a girl and we have to notice if she's pretty or not. We can't help it, it's just the male instinct for finding a mate, we can't turn it off after we've found someone."

She started walking again and I hurried to keep in step with her.

"Men are so shallow. You're only interested in physical beauty and sexual attraction. You don't care about the important things."

"Yeah we do. Physical attraction is just the first stage--"

"When you look at a girl like that you're seeing if she's someone you'd want to have sex with, right? That's what sexual attraction is?"

"No. You can find someone attractive without wanting it. Attraction doesn't mean anything without actually getting to know them. You fall in love with a person, not a body."

"Well it hurts that you're with me and you're looking at other girls and being sexually attracted to them."

"I hardly looked at those girls. I find you way more attractive than any of them."

"What if you did see someone prettier than me?"

"That's impossible."

"Why do you look then?"

"I told you, it's just instinct."

"Jesus said if you look at a woman lustfully you've already committed adultery in your heart."

"Well, I've lusted after you lots of times."

She half smiled. "That's okay, but you can't lust after any other girls."

"Honestly, I've never wanted to have sex with anyone but you."

"Really?" She blushed and looked away.

DO YOU SEE WHAT I'M DEALING WITH HERE? WE HAVE AN EMOTIONALLY UNSTABLE FIFTEEN-YEAR-OLD IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH AN EQUALLY EMOTIONALLY UNSTABLE EIGHTEEN-YEAR-OLD.