thaliasbooks

Progress: 200/200 pages
spoilers!

164 of 725 (23%)

City of Heavenly Fire - Cassandra Clare

I don't even know how many of my BookLikes friends actually care about the Mortal Instruments series like I do. Everyone either hates it or loves it, but since it's still new and not everyone (obviously) has had the chance to read this yet, I'm going to be on the safe side and stick all my status updates under a *read more* tag. (Because I've been MIA from my own blog, and I made my best friend swear to not even tell me when she was happy or sad when she was reading it.)

So...here we go!

(No, seriously. I already have major spoilers in here, so if you care, don't go any further.

That being said, I KNOW that six people we know are supposed to die, but I mean, WE'RE ONLY THIS FAR IN, AND JORDAN IS ALREADY DEAD. I MEAN, FRICK MAN, I LIKED JORDAN A LOT, AND I SWEAR, SINCE CITY OF LOST SOULS FAILED IN MAKING ME LOATHE SEBASTIAN WITH MY ENTIRE SOUL, THIS BOOK IS WELL ON ITS WAY TO MAKING ME FEEL JUST THAT.

Anyway.

*deep breath*

Per usual with Clare's newer books, I dislike the constant point of view switching. It's in third person, so it's forgivable, but as I said in a review for one of her books, I feel like I'm reading a long series of one shots instead of a cohesive novel. The entire book is already making me freak out, but I'm not blown away quite yet. (And I swear, if Maia is pregnant, I'll scream and cry all at the same time, because JORDAN IS ALREADY DEAD, UGH.)

And I already know about someone else who is going to die. It was spoiled for me months ago that Magnus won't be surviving this novel, and I'm both angry and disheartened. Mostly because I know I probably won't be surprised or sad when it happens--I mourned months ago. (Though I won't lie, part of me is hoping it was a fake spoiler. But I'm not holding onto that too much.)

And I'll continue to press onward once I finish my research paper on Frankenstein and Freud. *sigh*